The short version...
Harsh and Sweet is determined to respect you privacy and keep your inbox free of unwanted messages.
We will e-mail you only if there are issues with the address you gave us or if we need to ask you a question about your order. Your e-mail and physical addresses will not be kept on file. Needless to say, your information will not be sold to third parties (and you won't receive any messages from affiliated or non-affiliated businesses).
All payments are processed through Paypal and Stripe. Your credit card number will never come in our possession.
While we like to respect your boundaries, we would be very happy if you decided to stay in touch, read Harsh and Sweet's blog, and keep up with our latest news. If you decide that indeed you want to stay in touch, you will need to fill up the little form that appears at the bottom of each page. Your address will not be added automatically.
The long version...
Information I Collect
When you place an order I receive some information about you such as your name, email address, postal address, some payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
Your information will be used in conformity with the law and exclusively for the purpose you gave it to me, namely:
1. to address your order when I send it to you, provide customer support and settle disputes;
2. to send you Harsh and Sweet’s newsletter (but only if you have signed up for the mailing list, I never add anyone to it myself). Like with any mailing list you can unsubscribe any time.
3. to comply with legal obligations or court orders as well as in connection with legal claims (for instance by retaining some information required by tax law).
4. to improve my service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your privacy is important at Harsh and Sweet and your data will never be sold or shared with third parties not immediately involved in your transaction. The only parties who will receive information about your transaction are:
1. Service providers like Paypal and Stripe who will be processing your payment.
2. Service providers such as Royal Mail, UPS and other carriers who will be involved in the delivery of your order. The amount of information shared with them will be limited to the basic information necessary in providing for the delivery of your order and nothing more. Sometimes postage is paid through third party businesses like PayPal and Shipstation who will also receive only the bare minimum of information (your name and address and the weight of your order as well as — occasionally — some custom form information).
3. Weebly, the host of the site.
4. My accountant who will go over my records for each year when doing my taxes.
Some more information may be collected, used and shared if it is necessary to (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Your personal information will be retained as long as necessary to provide you with my services. However, I need to retain some information about each transaction to file my taxes and comply with legal and regulatory obligations for a period of up to 5 years.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I do not transfer your information outside of the EU, but, please, be aware that Harsh and Sweet is hosted by Weebly in the U.S.A. and that at the time of placing your order your payment will be handled by businesses that may be based outside of the EU. Your information may be transferred to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
You have the right to control how much of your personal information is in possession of Harsh and Sweet. While this right is absolute in certain case, in others it is limited by Harsh and Sweet’s duties (in the case of taxes and legal proceedings, for instance):
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Monica Signoretti, am the data controller of your personal information at Harsh and Sweet. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Monica Signoretti, Harsh and Sweet, 463C Green Lanes, London N4 1HE, United Kingdom.